Research & Development Technician, Richmond, BC
Do you enjoy working with your hands, building and tinkering while being indoors? Are you looking for a career with lots of opportunities to grow, advance, and learn new things? Would you like to work in an environment that is approachable, collaborative and where people enjoy each other’s company?
Look no further!
We are looking for a Product Development Assembler to join our team to advance custom air handling equipment technology by participating in all aspects of new product design, development, fabrication, assembly and testing.
What We Offer:
- Pride in building an interesting product and doing it well
- Friendly work environment while also contributing to meaningful work
- Extensive Training
- Lots of opportunities for growth
- Great company culture that includes a lot of work sponsored events
Haakon Industries is a rapidly expanding, client-focused, manufacturer of custom air handling equipment. We have developed a reputation for quality that has many of North America’s largest companies asking for our products by name. Haakon designed and manufactured HVAC equipment is used in hospitals, pharmaceutical laboratories, microchip manufacturers, universities, automotive manufacturing plants, and many other institutional, industrial, and commercial facilities. We strive for excellence by continuing to invest in our facilities, product and most of all, people. Our people love coming to work every day. For more about our company, see our website at www.haakon.com
- Fabrication of test setups and prototypes:
- Fabrication may involve building entire air handling units, a portion of an AHU or and sub-components, wiring of electrical components, and plumbing work
- Fabrication involves the use of (but not limited to): sheet metal equipment (CNC punch press, shear, brake), welding of sheet metal and structural steel, and assembly of parts using powered hand tools
- Assembly can be large and parts can be heavy.
- Conducting tests:
- Conduct tests in accordance to instructions
- Data collection using (but not limited to ): data acquisition system, manometer, multimeter, thermometer, thermocouple, tachometer
- Trouble-shooting test setups and prototypes
- Shipping and receiving using fork lifts and overhead cranes
- Equipment maintenance and repairs
- Keeping shop clean and tidy
- Occasional site visits and travel is required
- Trade’s certificate or relevant experience
- Strong fabrication skills
- Strong trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Experience with sheet metal fabrication, and operation of CNC punch press, shear, brake an asset
- Familiarity with electrical wiring, motors, and VFDs an asset
- Familiarity with instrumentations an asset
- Familiarity with HVAC systems an asset