All units are designed and engineered from our head office in Richmond, BC allowing for focused engineering solutions and consistent quality.
- Fans inside Haakon units are provided by manufacturers that certify their performance rating per AMCA Publication 211 and AMCA Publication 311 and comply with the requirements of the Certified Ratings Program.
- Dampers inside Haakon units are provided by manucafturers that certify their performance ratings per AMCA Publication 511 and comply with the requirements of the Certified Ratings Program.
- Casing insulation provided with NFPA flame spread rating not exceeding 25 and smoke developed rating not exceeding 50.
- Casing acoustical performance tested by an accredited independent laboratory. Sound transmission loss values shall conform explicitly with the ASTM designation E90-85 and E413-73. Sound absorption values shall conform explicitly with the requirements of the ASTM Standard Test Method for Sound Absorption Coefficients by the Reverberation Method: ASTM C423-84A and E795-83
- Silencer acoustical performance tested by an accredited independent laboratory conforming explicitly with ASTM E477-90.
- ETL unit certification for all electrical installations.
- Roofcurbs and units designed for IBC
- Certified fan assembly earthquake restraints.
- Storm louvers tested in accordance with AMCA 500-L99 for wind driven rain.
- Casing deflection analysis of custom units.
- Units designed to withstand Tornado forces (upon request).
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) for both structural and airflow dynamic analysis using Ansys Workbench v12 — Mechanical and CFX Package.
- Static structural analysis
- Dynamic structural analysis
- Modal analysis to calculate system resonnance (vibration)
- Harmonic response analysis (vibration)
- Heat Transfer analysis
- Computational fluid/airflow dynamics analysis (CFD)
- Airstream/airflow simulation in units
- Airflow mixing analysis (including heat transfer)
Manufacturing is supported by three factories; Richmond, BC, Cheney, WA, and Kingston, ON. Utilizing a wide range of materials and diverse suppliers, each component is custom made for the specific unit; from access doors to fanbases.
Each factory leverages state of the art equipment to ensure the highest level of quality and each unit undergoes an extensive quality control unique to each and every unit.